One of the big announcements at Xerocon was Xero Projects, a lightweight project costing tool. It’s the first addition outside Xero’s accounting core and will be charged separately.
In Xero’s words, Projects in Xero is a simple time and cost tracking tool that:
- Focuses on the financial side of project management
- Integrates with key Xero features, including contacts, invoicing, and very soon
- bills and bank reconciliation
- Provides flexible, easy project invoicing
- Supports fixed price and time billing
- Monitors project budgets and financials
A more detailed story on Xero Projects is following but first to answer a question on many minds.
What does this mean for businesses on Workflow Max? Do firms even need Xero Practice Manager now? I interviewed Levi Allan, product manager for Xero Projects, Xero Practice Manager and Workflow Max at Xerocon to understand how it fit.