The online accounting ecosystem is evolving rapidly. If several years ago it was possible to follow all the major players, the recent growth in software developers and add-on partners has made it a bit more time consuming.
It goes without saying that if you only have time to read a single news source, you should go with BoxFreeIT (Ed: Thanks Alexey!) as we scout the vastness of the Internet and talk directly to the people shaping the cloud to bring you most up to date stories and interesting opinions.
However, if you feel that you need a bit more information, below is a nice summary of blogs and Twitter accounts you can turn to.
BoxFreeIT has created a Twitter list called Online Accounting that follows all the Twitter accounts below. If you subscribe to the list it will save you following them all individually.
Blogs by Accounting Software Companies
- MYOB Accountants
- J Curve Solutions
- QuickBooks Online (Global)
- QuickBooks Online (Australia)
Twitter – Accounting Software Vendors
Twitter – Add-on Programs
- Spotlight Reporting
- Receipt Bank
- Xero User Magazine
- Float Cash Flow
- Training and Beyond
Twitter – People from Accounting Software Vendors
Not based on positions, but on usefulness of tweets. If you tweet about coffee and flights you won’t make the list.
- Rod Drury CEO
- Chris Ridd managing director, Australia
- Amanda Armstrong general manager, sales, New Zealand
- Nick Longden sales director, UK
- Angely Grecia public relations
- James Scollay general manager, business division
- Ben Ross general manager, user experience and design
- Alison Ball global influencer program
Twitter – Accountants + Add-Ons
- Steph Hinds Growthwise
- Guy Pearson Practice Ignition
- Gillian Rossouw Jill of All Trades
- Trevor Schoenmaekers HubOne
- Justin Keen Cloud Accountant
- Matt Bullock eWay
Do you have any suggestions to add to the list above? Only accounts that provide valuable information or quality opinions considered – just add to the comments below.